Sunday, November 15, 2015

Book Review + Outfit- The Martian

There is so much going on in the news about Mars currently, and I am soaking it up. I think it is very interesting. That is why I was so excited about this book and movie coming out. It was a different genre than I normally read, and I enjoyed it!

Below is the link to the book on goodreads

The Martian

What I Loved-
1. Watney. Oh Watney. He is so witty and definitely the comic relief in this book! There were a few times I actually laughed out loud.
2. The fact that it is set on Mars. So cool!
3. They jump from Watney's Mars logs to the story line on earth seamlessly. I was impressed with how Weir accomplished that.
4. The fact that I didn't want it to end, and I kind of miss Watney. I truly felt like he was real.
5. I love that I haven't read a book in a while where I gave it 5 stars on goodreads, and it felt great to do that again.

What I Didn't Love-
NOTHING! Even though it is VERY scientific, and I spent a good deal going, "huh?" I could easily skim and catch up to what was happening. I could imagine if I was a scientist, appreciating all the lingo and MacGyver tricks he pulls.

I would totally recommend this book!! It was fantastic and now I can't wait to see the movie!!




Shirt- Thrifted (Talbots)
Pants- Women With Control (buy them HERE)
Shoes- Merona

No comments:

Post a Comment