Tuesday, October 20, 2015

New Orleans Day 1

New Orleans is one of my favorite cities! As you walk around, you take a step back in time. It is so full of history, culture, and amazing food! I have been to New Orleans a million times, and I know some great little spots, but this post is not about the best places to go or what you should do. I'm just talking about my past weekend. I'll save that for another time. The reason we went was for a Feis (Irish dancing) that my nieces competed in, so we didn't get to venture around or play in the French Quarter, but we did have a great weekend with family.

Since this is a blog where I talk about my thrifts, I will start there. This is the first outfit I chose to take. New Orleans is full of color and shine, so I decided to contribute to that. I have already worn this shirt in a recent post (Here), and this cardigan as well (Here), but I'm a normal person and normal people re-wear clothes. Right?




Shirt- Thrifted (Express)
Cardigan- Thrifted (Talbots)
Shorts- Motherhood Maternity (Click here to buy them)
Shoes- Tory Burch (Click here to buy them)

We stayed at the Maison St. Charles. I have never stayed there before this trip; it had some charm and was a great location in the Garden District. The rooms were unique, and the lobby was BEAUTIFUL. It also has a nice courtyard where I did some reading and played with my sweet little girl.The only down fall was the bed. It was not the most comfortable, but after trotting across New Orleans, you are tired enough to sleep anywhere.


The first night we ate a snack at New Orleans Hamburger and Seafood Co. which has some amazing crawfish queso. My husband has an obsession with char broiled oysters, so we also ordered those. They were very garlicky, but yummy!



After much needed rest, we had dinner at Superior Seafood and Oyster Bar. It had a wonderful ambiance and we decided to take the tram, which was a fun experience. I did not eat that night though because I was still full from our snacking and my little girl fell asleep on my arm.



That pretty much did it for our first day! We settled in and rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment