Sunday, October 11, 2015

Passionate for Purple

Can we just talk about this purple dress for a minute. I mean the color is just gorgeous! I love a good, rich, deep purple. Eggplant and burgundy are some of my favorite colors to wear because they are so beautiful! Plus for a bonus, they make my green eyes pop. This is not quite burgundy, so it falls into the eggplant category. Either way, I was super excited about this dress because of the color.

 I decided to go with a cropped jacket because it's sleeveless. Even though I could totally wear it here in good ole Houston without it, I want to try to wear fall clothes to inspire the weather to change. I will say I noticed the mornings are a bit brisker, so it may be working! I'm sure those of you enjoying your nice fall weather can't understand the struggle. I hope you enjoy sipping your spiced tea while you watch the leaves fall to the ground. I will be sitting down here dreaming of the fall in my shorts and air conditioner on full blast. It's okay though , come January when you are tired of shoveling snow, I will be full of energy in the cool weather. :)





Dress- Thrifted (Cynthia Rowely)
Cropped Jacket- Thrifted ( Maggie London)
Shoes- Thrifted (Steve Madden)

Linking up with-

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Such a gorgeous color.. I don't normally think of purple or plum as my favorite colors but somehow I am drawn to them when I saw pieces like this. The jacket is gorgeous too - lovely print!!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. Where else on social media are you? I'd love to connect!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love the deep purples especially in the fall and winter! :) I am still fairly new to some social medias, and I am working on adding them to my blog. Currently I have a Twitter, Instagram, and a Facebook. My Twitter is the only thing I am really using for my blog at the moment. You can find me under the name of lhicks922. I'll let you know as I make the others live. Thanks for the comment and I would love to connect with you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete