Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Repurposed Skinny Scarf

I have a love for vintage clothes, and I blame it on the history buff in me. I enjoy pieces that are truly from a distant time period. They give me a connection to the past; a tangible piece of history.

Unfortunately, I have some that I can no longer wear, but even though I have outgrown them, I can't part with them. I blame the hoarder in me for that one! A couple of weeks ago, I was cleaning out my closet and ran across a shirt that falls in this category. Thankfully, I did find a way to make it work! I took the skinny scarf that came with it and re-purposed it into this outfit.

One of the joys of thrifting is to take something old and make it new again. Keep your mind open when shopping, and you could be pleasantly surprised.




Under Shirt- Thrifted (Merona)
Sweater- Thrifted ( Talbots)
Pants- Thrifted (J.C. Penny)
Scarf- Thrifted (Vintage)
Shoes- Merona 

Linking up with-

4 comments: